Sunday, June 11, 2023

No Shadows This Time

 

A little over a year ago, I posted three photos of this Allan Houser sculpture called "War Horse". In those shots, there were shadows on the wall behind the sculpture.  Just two weeks ago, I visited the museum and saw that I could get a shot without all the shadows and away from the nearby plants.  

I was hoping that one day I'd be able to get the clean shot with a solid background because I knew it would be a prime subject for some creative photo editing.  

I did several edit styles and these two were my favorites from the different applications I tried.  The mostly two-toned nature of the photo makes it work well with the editing tools.  It will be fun to try a few more the next time I'm feeling creative.

7 comments:

Andy said...

Well done. Photo retouching can be a challenge.

Travel said...

Neat, and fun

William Kendall said...

Very creative!

RedPat said...

It is such a good piece and fun for you to play with the images, Sharon.

Bill said...

I like the results, very nice indeed.

roentare said...

The end result is pleasing

Steve Reed said...

Nice! I like your changes, particularly the bottom one.