Thursday, June 1, 2023

Theme Day: Smile

 

I found this photo deep in my photo archives.  It was taken in October of 2015 on one of my first visits to the Laura Dreier Breast Center at Banner University Medical Center.  This mosaic portrait was on the wall in the waiting room.  I had to do some research to learn about this mosaic portrait of the smiling lady.  It was created by artist Joan Baron was dedicated to the memory of Laura Dreier for her outstanding support of Banner Health and the Breast Center.  I did some Google digging and found an obituary for Ms. Dreier but no photos.  However I did find a photo of her daughter and I could absolutely see a resemblance there. 

Over the three to four months following my October photo, I visited the breast center several times.  She was always there smiling at everyone in the room.  

To see other Smiles from around the world, click here

7 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite a wry smile.

Travel said...

I need to always remember to smile.

RedPat said...

Excellent for the theme, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

I imagine it's hard to make a portrait from mosaic tiles. She looks a little like a Disney villain!

Bill said...

Wonderful find, perfect for the theme.

Catalyst said...

She looks like she was a fun lady.

roentare said...

Quite a quirky smile there