Thursday, June 29, 2023

Two Unusual Houses

 


The house in the top photo reminds me very much of a house where I grew up in Illinois.  It looks like it's from the late 30's or 40's and is very Art Deco.  I love the curved lines.  It looks like it would be perfect in a scene from Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot.  


The one to the right is very unusual with the very tall tower.  At first I thought it was a chimney but there is a narrow window on that column which seems unusual for a chimney.  

Two completely different houses but both very unusual in their designs.  

10 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Nice to see these modern houses, I like them.

Travel said...

I love the old steel windows in the art deco one.

RedPat said...

I love the 1st one, Sharon. I can see Poirot sitting there solving a mystery.

Catarina said...

I am wondering about the purpose of that tower.

Bill said...

I like both houses but the first one is my favourite.

Stefan Jansson said...

The first one looks great.

William Kendall said...

They both stand out.

Amy said...

I like art deco houses, we see them occasionally here.

Steve Reed said...

I love the first one! The second is a little "out there." Yeah, what's up with that tower?!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Both are interesting. I'd love to know what that tower is!