Tuesday, June 13, 2023

That Pink Building

 

After many of my visits to the Heard Museum, I've posted photos with the top of this pinkish building in the background.  The Heard Museum is located next door and to the back of this grand old building.  The building is called Phoenix Towers and it is a co-op condo building that I have admired for a very long time.

The building was built in 1957 and was the very first high-rise residential building in the state of Arizona.  


I've always loved this grand old building which probably explains why it has shown up in so many of my photos taken from the Heard Museum such as here and here.  I think I'd enjoy living here.

By the way, those wires you see are from the light rail system.  This building is located on Central Avenue and the light rail runs right past the building.

7 comments:

William Kendall said...

I like its architecture.

Andy said...

I have seen a few pink buildings in my time, but this one has my attention.

Travel said...

I think I could live there, at least in the winter, the summers are rather extreme

RedPat said...

I like the look of it too, Sharon.

Allison said...

That's a really cool building. Old buildings so often have character, new ones don't.

Bill said...

It's a fine old building. Perfect place to live without having a vehicle with the rail system right out in front.

Steve Reed said...

Looks like a nice building. I'm glad people are finally appreciating the architecture of the '50s and '60s. A decade or two ago, a lot of it was being torn down.