Sunday, May 1, 2022

Theme Day: Shadows

 

I've photographed this Allan Houser sculpture several times but never posted a photo of it before.  It's called "War Pony".  Because of the way it was sculpted and where is sits in the little sculpture garden at the Heard Museum, there has always been an abundance of shadows behind it.  This one was taken around 2:30 in the afternoon.

On another occasion, I took this one around 4:00 in the afternoon.

Finally, this one was taken around 11:30 in the morning.  No matter the time of day, the shadows are abundant.  That makes these photos perfect for the May theme day when we post photos of "shadows".

To see shadows from around the world, click here.  

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm visiting an Arizona tourist town.

8 comments:

Gemel said...

A fabulous subject.

RedPat said...

The varying shadows make great backdrops for this piece, Sharon. Love the piece.

Travel said...

Great theme, all to often I overlook the shadows

Bill said...

A beautiful sculpture with some fine shadows.

Steve Reed said...

Interesting comparisons between the shots, and I like the sculpture too.

William Kendall said...

Well chosen!

Amy said...

I can see how it got it's name.

smkelly8 said...

Great sculpture and wonderful shadows.