Thursday, June 22, 2023

A Closer Look....at a Distance

 

Here are a couple of things I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't extended the telephoto lens to its full length.  This one was aimed at the top ridge of Camelback Mountain.  It looks like someone scraped a large "L Z" into the side of rocks.  I would never have seen that with the naked eye.

This one was taken in the boulders area north of Scottsdale.  I could see a little bump on this rock but I couldn't tell it was single boulder precariously balanced atop another rock.  I wonder how long that will sit like that before tumbling down.  

10 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Your nature is beautiful, I like the colours.

roentare said...

I love the arid and desert look

Gemel said...

Spectacular landscapes!

Travel said...

I wonder where the boulder would roll to? It would make be nervous to live downhill.

Andy said...

Very nice. That is is something that I don't see in my neighbourhood.

RedPat said...

I love both of these shots, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

That second photo reminds me of the rock formations in the old Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner cartoons!

Bill said...

Great shots!

Catarina said...

Good eye!!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful landscape!