Saturday, June 17, 2023

An Unfortunate Change

 

I took this photo back in 2018 because I wanted to capture this business with all the Mexican decorator items out front.  This business was located across the street from where I work and I loved seeing its festive front display.  I featured those colorful doors back in 2014 and I posted a photo once again in 2018.

We all know what happened in 2020 when businesses closed their doors and we all started working from home.  I didn't go into the office for almost two years and then when it was finally safe again, management decided to do some remodeling and my team continued to work from home.  

The remodeling is finally done and we can once again go into the office.  We are fortunate that we can still work from home part of the time.  This last week, I went into the office two days.  That is when I saw what had happened to the pretty little Mexican furnishings shop across the street.  It is now a fitness business with a rather ugly paint job.  And, instead of pretty pottery in front, it now has a row of overgrown weeds.  What a truly unfortunate change in directions.  

Many small businesses didn't survive the pandemic lock-downs.  It's sad to see so many of them gone. I was especially sorry to see that the colorful little Mexican furniture shop was gone.  

8 comments:

roentare said...

Physical stores just can't survive in this day and age.

Travel said...

The hope is that the vacant commercial space, will come down in cost, and new small businesses can open. There has been a massive turn over in restaurants. They really should cut down the weeds.

RedPat said...

Things will never go back to how they were which is a sad thing in many cases like this one.

William Kendall said...

Yes, that looks sad.

Bill said...

It's sad that a business died and the building no longer is appealing.

Steve Reed said...

Oh, that is a shame. They could at least weed their parking lot!

Gemel said...

Very sad...

Amy said...

People who can work from home are fortunate indeed.