Sunday, June 18, 2023

Talented Employees

 


I've been to several events at the Heard Museum lately.  One of those events was their "First Friday" open house where they featured artworks created by museum employees.  That was a very impressive show.  I think this was my favorite of all of them although, it was hard to choose.  

This work is called "A History, A Current Story" and it was created by  Olivia (Liv) Barney who happens to be a Collection Coordinator at the museum.  I found this one very appealing.  











Here is another piece by Travis Tubinaghtewa, a museum maintenance technician.  He calls this one "Cool Spring Night".  

















This last one has some abstract characteristics that caught my eye.  The artist here is Zee Brouwer, a museum security officer.  This one is called "What Mother Quail Sees". 

These wonderful works of art made me realize that when I greet museum employees at the front desk or the security guards roaming the galleries, I need to realize they might very well be as talented as the artists represented on the walls. 

12 comments:

biebkriebels said...

It must be very inspiring to work at the Museum when I see all the artworks.

Travel said...

The prejudice of the art world for "fine art" with the rest relegated to "folk art" or less, overlooks many talented people.

RedPat said...

It looks as if they are artists working at the museum to feed their art careers, Sharon. Nice work.

Steve Reed said...

I suppose if you're artistically inclined, an art museum is a pretty amazing place to work! It's great that the employees get their own show.

Cloudia said...

I these very much!

Bill said...

They are very talented artists and have the perfect place to exhibit their art.

William Kendall said...

That second one really speaks to me.

Catarina said...

I like them all.
They would look very good in my house.

roentare said...

The style is so unique and remarkable.

Catalyst said...

Amazing!

J. S. Vila said...

Really is very curious the circumstance that workers of a Museum have his own designs and pictures inside, how if It was an Art Gallery. But every place have his own protocolary orders. Sure is a good place of modern Art.

Amy said...

It looks like the vegetables are turnips, right?