Monday, March 11, 2024

The Butterflies are Back

 

I made my way to the Butterfly Pavilion at the Desert Botanical Garden.  The pavilion had just opened last week and I wanted to enjoy some time with the pretty butterflies fluttering about.  I was lucky to spot this malachite butterfly right away.  They tend to be rarer than the painted ladies also pictured in this shot.

In fact, there were quite a lot of Painted Lady butterflies on this trip to the pavilion.  They seemed to be the dominate species on display.  

The pavilion is full of flowers for all the butterflies to feast on.  In this particular case, I was trying to photograph a pretty white butterfly sitting on this bloom.  It few away just as I clicked the shutter.  All I was left with was the flower.  It turned to to be a rather nice flower photo so I've kept it in the mix.  

4 comments:

Travel said...

The green one is amazing.

RedPat said...

The malachite butterfly is beautiful. I like your flower shot, Sharon.

Diaday said...

How beautiful! I have future plans to go to the Blooms and Butterflies exhibit at Franklin Park Conservatory in Columbus. So many beautiful species of flowers and butterflies and a photographer's (even an amateur's one) dream!

Steve Reed said...

Those malachites are always so spectacular!