Sunday, March 10, 2024

A Busy Friday

 

I had a very busy day last Friday.  I made a trip to the Desert Botanical Garden, then I went to the Phoenix Art Museum, then I met friends for dinner and then all of us went to a play.  I have lots and lots of photos to share over the next week (or two).  I'll start with my trip to the garden.  I knew I was in trouble when I arrived to find no place to park.  I ended up in the over-flow lot.  I knew that the garden would be very busy but I ventured in anyway.  I wanted to see what was blooming. In the photo above I captured a healthy display of brittlebush blooming with its yellow flowers.  


Some pretty Perry's Penstemon was also blooming in front of the cactus garden.


















The yucca were also starting to spring to life with their clouds of white blooms.  This one is called a Spanish Bayonet.  Those sharp leaves do look a bit weapon-like, don't they?

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  Another architectural discovery is made in London.


5 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

That first photo is a good one.

Travel said...

A pretty spring day, and a great bloom, will draw a crowd.

RedPat said...

You did well avoiding huge crowds of people in your shots, Sharon. It is good that the gardens are so popular but hopefully not when you are there. ;-)

Steve Reed said...

We used to have a similar yucca in front of our house when I was a kid. My mom had it removed because she thought I or my brother would get injured on it!

roentare said...

These plants are looking so fabulous