Thursday, March 28, 2024

The Blooms Around Me

 

I've been noticing pretty, spring blooms in a variety of locations.  The pretty flowers in the top photo are on a vine in my friend Glenda's yard.  That vine is just bursting with blooms.

To the right are some blooms that have attracted a hummingbird.  I was seated close to these blooms while having lunch at the Heard Museum.  I couldn't believe that hummingbird got so close.














These orchid blooms were sitting on a desk in a local salon.  They were too pretty not to get a photo.  

It's fun to find all these blooms in so many diverse places.  

6 comments:

roentare said...

The flowers are looking beautiful

Travel said...

I was surprised at how many hummingbirds there are there at this time of the year.

RedPat said...

You are surrounded by lovely flowers, Sharon. That was a brave Hummingbird.

LuiZ FernandoS said...

The second flower is known in Brazil as Saint John Vine, because it blooms in winter around St John's day

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Beautiful blooms! I especially like the orchids. We're not getting many blooms in the Joshua Tree area, which is a little surprising with the rain we've had.

Steve Reed said...

Amazing orchids. I rarely see them that yellow.