Thursday, March 21, 2024

Heading North in Search of Art

 

Last Saturday was a beautiful day here in the desert.  It was a tiny bit chilly after two days of rain and wind but it was sunny with a sky full of big, puffy clouds.  I decided it was a perfect day to travel out to far north Scottsdale to find that other arts event called The Arizona Fine Arts Expo.  

I didn't expect to get stuck in a bit of stop and go traffic on the way.  I took the opportunity to snap a photo of that Frank Lloyd Wright spire that sits at the corner of Scottsdale Road and Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd.  

I snapped the shot right out the windshield while I sat in a long line of cars.








Once I got past that busy intersection, I was hoping the traffic would thin out a bit but it seems many people had the same idea to get out and enjoy the weather.  So, here is another shot taken through the windshield while at a traffic light. Those clouds make everything look great.


Finally I made it to the big white tent to enjoy the art inside.  However, I just had to snap another photo of those fabulous clouds against that gorgeous blue sky.



Once I was inside amongst the art and artists, I still stepped outside between the tents to take in a bit of nature's artwork.  It turns out that nature's art and man's art complement each other very nicely.


8 comments:

roentare said...

That cone like structure is so surreal

Stefan Jansson said...

I follow the national weather service on twitter. This morning they asked everyone to be on the lookout for these types of clouds. My sky is all gray. Nice photos here.

Diaday said...

The clouds are beautiful art in the sky!

RedPat said...

You took good advantage of the traffic, Sharon. Great clouds.

Travel said...

The clouds and sky are distinctive in that part of the country, very special.

Steve Reed said...

Well, that traffic must have been a drag, but at least you got some good photos along the way! That FLW column is beautiful.

Cloudia said...

A compliment each other very nicely! What a great vision you have. I love your puffy clouds. You're beautiful. Suaro cactus and the Frank Lloyd writes buyer inspires! It's great that you just rolled with the traffic and had a beautiful day! Aloha

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Gorgeous clouds, and I like that spire!