Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Canadian Geese: 2024 Spring Update


 If you have been following my blog for any length of time, you probably remember that every spring a pair of Canadian geese find a spot somewhere around our parking lot to build their nest.  As far as I know, no one has found the exact spot. However, they start hanging out in the parking lot at the beginning of March.  When I returned home on Saturday, this fellow was sitting in the middle of the driveway.  I stopped the car and had a little chat with him.  I told him he should move because it wasn't safe to sit in the middle of the road.  He listened but didn't budge.

His partner was up on top of the carport cover watching the whole conversation.  If things go as usual, there will be little ones sometime toward the end of April.

7 comments:

roentare said...

The goose is walking proud

Travel said...

I can almost hear them from here.

RedPat said...

I've been seeing pairs of them around here too as well as large groups. They sure can be loud.

Steve Reed said...

I wonder where they're actually nesting? I bet the maintenance or landscaping crews around your condo complex know.

Catarina said...

hahahahaha

They tend to be a little stubborn!!

Gemel said...

It is always wonderful to see breeding pairs return each year.

Amy said...

They are stubborn birds, hopefully he moves.