Saturday, March 30, 2024

Resort Visit

 


Last Saturday I attended a fund raising dinner at the Omni Montelucia Resort in Paradise Valley.  According to the photos in my file, I hadn't been to this resort since 2016.  

This rocker with his guitar is still there rocking out on one skinny leg.  I posted a photo of him back in 2012.  He's been standing there for a very long time.











I had donated several items for the event's silent auction and this is one of the items.  A photo of a white rose that I had printed on canvas.

When I was filing away my photos from that night, I saw that back in 2011, I had donated another photograph for a silent auction at that very same resort.  However this one was for a different non-profit organization. I don't remember which organization this event was for.  Too long ago. I hope my photos made it to good homes!

8 comments:

Travel said...

Pretty place, and amazing photos. It looks like the previous auction was held at Christmas time.

Diaday said...

Your rose photo is beautiful. The white petal with the pink translucence shows its strength and delicacy.

RedPat said...

Both of your donated photos are wonderful, Sharon. Impressive indeed. ;-)

Steve Reed said...

Those are both great pictures and I hope someone paid top dollar for them! :)

Stefan Jansson said...

That first photo is a good one.

Cloudia said...

I'm glad I wore my good outfit to read this post! Lovely. Thank you Sharon. Aloha

roentare said...

The archway is looking superb!

Amy said...

Good for you donating your photos, I hope they sold them for a decent amount, I'm sure they helped them.