Sunday, March 24, 2024

Symphony Night


 I went to the Symphony Friday night with my good friends David and Riley.  It was a great combination of music and performances.  The guest pianist was Conrad Tao.  He played Beethoven's Concerto No. 4 for Piano and Orchestra.  It's a complicated piece and it was amazing watching Tao's fingers scampering over the keyboard in a blur of melodic precision.  I snapped his photo as he came back to the stage for a short encore piece. 

This performance was at the Mesa Art Center so we had dinner before the performance in Mesa.  We chose a new place that turned out to be very good and very eclectic.  I'll write more about that experience in a future post.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I'm visiting a church I walked past many times but never visited before.  

9 comments:

roentare said...

I attended a few piano concerts like that in New York 20 years ago. I love the live sounds in the spot

Stefan Jansson said...

Sounds like you had a great evening.

Travel said...

Looks like a nice venue, and you were up close.

RedPat said...

Sounds wonderful, Sharon.

Diaday said...

Good food, good music...What a lovely evening!

Steve Reed said...

I love piano concerts.

Catarina said...

I am looking forward to the summer to see the outdoor concerts.
I am glad you had a great time.

Cloudia said...

How lovely! Thank you for bringing us along, Sharon. Aloha

William Kendall said...

Beethoven is always welcome.