Sunday, September 17, 2023

Tranquility, Serenity, Peace

 

Tranquility, serenity and peace are all words I'd use to describe these artworks by Martin Beaupre'.  When I was in California last month, I was walking along a street lined with art galleries when I was drawn to a painting I saw in the window of the Lou Martin Gallery.  I went inside to get a closer look.

I fell in love with these wonderful paintings by Martin Beaupre who is from Quebec Canada.  The artist is inspired by his meeting with Buddhist monks in Thailand and Japan. His works "take us on a zen journey which reveals a search for beauty and harmony."

I think this one was my favorite but it really was hard to choose one above the others.  The link above goes to his website where you can see more examples of his art.  On the "Biography" tab on the site there are two short videos about his working style.  In one of them he is actually painting with both hands at the same time.  It is amazing to see.

I just had to share these amazing examples of his work.  We can all use some harmony, serenity and peace in our lives, especially these days.

10 comments:

Travel said...

Very pretty work, I need to paint again.

RedPat said...

There is a very dreamlike feeling to them, Sharon.

Catarina said...

Fabulous paintings. I am not familiar with his work. It is time to read about him. Thank you, Sharon. :)

Steve Reed said...

Zen surrealism!

Bill said...

His paintings are beautiful to see.

Catalyst said...

I like.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful works.

Diaday said...

Peace to you.

roentare said...

These 3D arts are surely amazing

Gemel said...

The second image is indeed serene.