Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Sunrise in the Garden

 

I decided to take another early morning walk at the desert Botanical Garden last Sunday.  I arrived at 6:00 AM and headed to the high point to watch the sunrise.  

One thing I noticed on this walk was an abundance of quail everywhere.  I used to only see them in certain places but on Sunday they were on every trail I took and they almost seemed to follow me around.  This one was watching me while I was watching him and his large group of friends.  It was fun seeing them running in every direction.

10 comments:

roentare said...

They do make a busy bustling scene

Travel said...

The desert quail are so cute.

RedPat said...

He is so cute. I can't believe that you were out & about so early, Sharon. It is now really dark here at 6 am.

Catarina said...

It was worth it getting up so early. : )

Bill said...

Your reward for getting up early was this beautiful sunrise, great shot.

William Kendall said...

A glorious sunrise.

Gemel said...

Delightful way to begin your day.

Steve Reed said...

Great photos as always. I'm surprised you can get into the DBG so early!

Amy said...

They are very prevalent in the North Island of New Zealand.

William Kendall said...

A lovely bird.