Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Inspired by Any Warhol

 

There was a display at the Scottsdale Museum of the West of a few of Andy Warhol's works based on western themes.  A portrait of John Wayne was among the prints on view.  However, it was these pieces by Billy Schenck that caught my eye.  Schenck was inspired by Warhol's works and started using the same thechniques with some of the promotional materials created by movie companies.


He became known as the "Warhol of the West" in western art circles.  On display were a number of his art works that have that movie-poster look to them.  They also looked a bit familiar to me.  They made me think of all those western movies I saw as a kid.

I can almost hear the theme music from "Fist Full of Dollars" playing in the background.


7 comments:

roentare said...

These are fabulous arts!

Travel said...

Inspired by the inspiration. The images do capture the spirit of the place.

RedPat said...

I like these a lot, Sharon. Really nice.

Bill said...

Very nice, I like them too.

Gemel said...

The first is my favourite.

Steve Reed said...

Nice! They have more detail than a lot of Warhol works, I think.

William Kendall said...

The last is my favourite.