Monday, September 11, 2023

Celebratory Dinner with Great Friends

 

I enjoyed a fantastic dinner with my great friends David and Riley on my birthday last Saturday.  We went to one of my favorite restaurants called Renata's Hearth at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel.  As you can see, they serve meals "family style".  We had the smoked brisket with some roasted fingerling potatoes and fava beans with a mushroom sauce.  We managed to clean every one of those serving plates.  

My birthday dessert was a coconut cheesecake topped with a strawberry jelly and a honeycomb cracker.  The star here was the scoop of jalapeño ice cream.  Sounds crazy, right?  It was delicious.  So delicious that David and Riley are thinking about trying to make it at home.  They are both great cooks so I'm confident they will accomplish that goal.  

11 comments:

roentare said...

The meals look fantastic and best friends are the best!

Travel said...

Looks wonderful,

RedPat said...

The restaurant looks really nice as does the food. Good to see the birthday girl too, Sharon.

Catarina said...

I can tell you had a fabulous time.
The presentation is phenomenal.
: )

Stefan Jansson said...

A unique dinner for sure.

Steve Reed said...

Looks like a great time! I don't like jalapeños, but I can see how jalapeño ice cream would be interesting.

Bill said...

Looks really nice, deicious food and a lovely dessert plate.

Catalyst said...

It looks like a delicious experience all the way around. I'm glad you had a happy birthday.

William Kendall said...

Quite a meal

Gemel said...

Beautiful photos of happy memories.

Aimz said...

Coconut cheesecake sounds good. Nice to see happy smiles.