Thursday, September 14, 2023

Captivating Boxes

 


There is one Arizona artist whose works show up quite often at the different exhibits at the Shemer Art Center.  His name is Barry Oleksak and he works primarily with wood creating fascinating sculptures.  This one was included in the current show that I saw last weekend.  














He also had this piece in the show. It's the first one of his that I've seen that was more rounded than angular.  

































I went back to look at some of my older photos from other shows and found two more of his creations.

















Mr. Oleksak has been a woodworker for over 25 years.  He states that is works are built around studies in geometry and color and are heavily influenced by mid-century modern design, space, nature and math.

I included another one of his pieces in a post last year.  

I find them quite captivating and unexpected. 

8 comments:

Travel said...

The layered and laminated wood in the last one, is fascinating.

RedPat said...

Some of them look like little creatures. I wonder if there are any secret places in any of them.

Bill said...

I was thinking the same thing as RedPat.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Impressive woodworking skill, not to mention artistic and design skills!

Gemel said...

Very creative and interesting pieces.

William Kendall said...

Impressive works!

roentare said...

These are very good handcrafts

Steve Reed said...

Interesting. The rounded one reminds me of models of molecules in chemistry.