Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Coming Soon....

 

An exhibit of works by Fernando Botero is coming to the Desert Botanical Garden on October 7th.  However, I got a sneak preview on my walk at the garden last Sunday.  This sculpture was being set up in a central location.  I had read that this was going to be the art exhibit at the garden for the winter of 23/24 so I was saddened last week when I heard of the artists death.  

I am looking forward to the exhibit.  It is supposed to contain some of his large scale sculptures like this one and will also have an exhibit of some of his drawings and paintings.  

9 comments:

roentare said...

A beautiful curve in the body art

Travel said...

That should be a great show, I hope it draws a lot money in for the gardens.

RedPat said...

That will be a treat to see, Sharon.

Stefan Jansson said...

I read about his death a few days ago. A great sculptor.

Bill said...

Beautiful sculpture. The show should attract lots of his admirers.

Steve Reed said...

Well, that's a timely exhibit for the gardens! Hopefully it will attract lots of curious people.

Catalyst said...

I should like to see that exhibit. I'm also a fan of Botero.

Amy said...

That is exciting. I do like seeing new sculptures

William Kendall said...

That would be quite something.