Monday, September 4, 2023

Out West on the Wagon Train

 


Saturday was my museum day.  I stopped at The Shemer Art Museum first and then went to the Scottsdale Museum of the West.  I hadn't been to the Museum of the West since long before the pandemic.  

Inside the museum, I found this western scene painted on a wall and continuing out over the floor.  It's quite an impressive painting.  That horse's body is on the wall but his neck and head are painted on the floor.  The 3-D illusion is perfect.  


I'm not sure if this qualifies as a mural but I think it's pretty special so I'm going to use it for Monday Murals.


11 comments:

Travel said...

That is really great,

RedPat said...

I really like this, Sharon.

biebkriebels said...

Wonderful!

Bill said...

Beautifully done.

Catalyst said...

That's quite amazing!

Steve Reed said...

Wow, that IS impressive. Seems to give it quite a sense of depth. I suppose the proportions on the floor had to be scaled to make them match the wall, given the angle?

Aimz said...

That's an interesting perspective.

roentare said...

This is such a beautiful piece!

Sami said...

Wow! Fantastic mural and what a talented artist too!
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Sharon.

Gemel said...

Fabulous installation.

William Kendall said...

That is marvelous.