Sunday, September 24, 2023

An Evening with Audra McDonald


 On Friday evening, I joined my friends David and Riley and we went to the Mesa Art Center to see Audra McDonald perform.  This photo was taken after the show at a special question and answer session.  It was a beautiful performance.  She has the most amazing voice.  She has the kind of voice that brings the words to life with such emotion.  

One of the songs she sang was a song I had never heard before called "I Always Say Hello to a Flower" by Murray Grand.  I could only find two YouTube recordings of the song, one by John Lithgow and another by Faith Prince.  Neither of these are quite as great as the way Audra sang the song but you get the idea.  I'm not sure why that song filled me with such joy.  Maybe it's because I spend so much time walking in a garden.

10 comments:

roentare said...

That sounds like a world I would love to hear it first hand

Travel said...

A nice evening out.

Steve Reed said...

Sounds like a great evening! I don't know that song but I'll give it a listen.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bill said...

Sounds like you had a lovely evening.

RedPat said...

You take us out to so many interesting places and events, Sharon. Thanks.

Catalyst said...

When we lived in Phoenix in 2013, we went to several shows at the Mesa Arts Center. It's a great theatre and a credit to Mesa.

William Kendall said...

I like her music.

Aimz said...

I've never heard of her but I'd gladly listen to her.