Thursday, September 28, 2023

Eat Your Greens!

 

During the hot summer months, I tend to eat a lot of salads.  Why add any more heat to the house when it's 115 degrees outside.  I've pictured a few I've had that stand out.  I've had several watermelon salads over the summer but this one was by far the best.  I had this one at Tarbell's Tavern.  

This one I made for myself.  I thought it looked pretty good so I snapped a photo of it.

This one I had at Elements, a restaurant at the Sanctuary on Camelback Resort.  It's one of those salads that has a little bit of everything in it.  

This last one isn't really a salad but since it was mostly greens, I think it counts.  When I came home from my visit to California in August, I was craving a fish taco so I stopped at a local restaurant to try their version.  They weren't as good as the ones I had on Newport Coast but they satisfied the craving.  

Now I'm waiting for soup weather to arrive.  Since temperatures are still hovering around 100, it will be a few more weeks I think. 

10 comments:

roentare said...

Refreshingly good food.

Travel said...

Nice looking watermelon salad. It was down in the 60's for a few days, I made a nice soup on Sunday.

Diaday said...

I love, love, love salads! Summertime salads are the best with all the fresh veggies that are available. My brother makes amazing fish tacos.

RedPat said...

I like the look of your own salad the best, Sharon. I eat salads all summer too but somehow in winter they don't have the same appeal.

Catalyst said...

Now I'M hungry!

Bill said...

Love having salads in the summer. Yours looks great. Pretty soon it will be soup time here with all the rainy days. Today it's bucketing down as I type.

Aimz said...

I'm a huge salad fan so these dishes look good to me.

Gemel said...

For me nothing beats a great salad.

Steve Reed said...

Those do look good! Here we appear to be finished with summer weather.

William Kendall said...

We have a warm spell at present.