Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Enjoying Nature

 

I've got three photos from that walk I took at the Desert Botanical Garden a week ago.  This first one is of a tiny, little hummingbird taking a rest on a twig.  He was buzzing around a flowering bush and I tried to get a shot of him in action but he was too quick for me.  He finally took a little breather and I was able to get the shot.  

I had no hope of catching this bee buzzing around the bee blossom but I pointed the camera anyway.  I got lucky.  It turned out pretty good.

I took this last shot because I just couldn't resist to symmetrical patterns the branches of this agave plant make.  It is one of nature's perfect plants.

10 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Sure must be a little tricky to photograph a hummingbird, good job.

Travel said...

It takes patience to get some of those shots, and good timing.

William Kendall said...

A very cooperative hummer.

RedPat said...

All three shots are winners, Sharon.

Catalyst said...

Splendid photos and I concur: hummingbirds are quite difficult to photograph.

Bill said...

Great captures on all of them especially the hummingbird.

Diaday said...

Beautiful photos!

Gemel said...

No better place to be than in nature.

roentare said...

Gorgeous bird shot!

Steve Reed said...

Agaves always make good photos, and good job on the bird and bee!