Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Vladimir is Now in Scottsdale

 

Vladimir Kush is an artist whose gallery in Laguna Beach I've visited many times.  I posted about it last August when I was there.  I discovered that one of the Scottsdale galleries is now representing him.  I saw this dragonfly motorcycle and recognized it immediately.  

Anticus Gallery had several of his paintings inside the gallery.  I especially like this one.  I love the illusion of the horse as either an opening in side of the rustic building or a shadow on the building. The window is placed perfectly where a blanket and saddle would be.  



The one above made me think of Wimbledon and the famous tennis matches there.   That view of the skyline made me think of the view of London from Hampstead Heath.

The one to the right blends a fallen leaf into a mountain scene where it becomes another mountain beautifully blended into the scene.  

Kush's "metaphorical realism" always delights me.  

13 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

I like the tennis racket painting. The Dragonfly looks very aero-dynamic.

roentare said...

The fallen leaf in the last painting is really my favorite

Steve Reed said...

Very creative! The dragonfly motorcycle is especially cool. The tennis racket is a little creepy, with that big face peering down!

RedPat said...

These are fabulous, Sharon.

Catarina said...

Vladimir is very talented!!

Travel said...

Amazing work, there is such talent in the world.

Allison said...

My parents moved to Scottsdale in 1972 or close to that. I went out to visit them, I remember Lulu Belles. After living on the east coast all my life, Arizona seemed like an alien planet. That dragonfly on the motorcycle is quite the thing.

Diaday said...

I like the horse painting and the last one is fascinating. So much to see and think about.

Gemel said...

Incredible art, especially the first piece.

Catalyst said...

I got lost in the beginning, wondering if Vladimir was related to Frank.

Aimz said...

wow he creates some very weird cool art.

Thérèse said...

V. Kush has a lot of imagination and we can start imagine when looking at his art. It's a double win.

William Kendall said...

Fascinating work.