Friday, January 26, 2024

Books and Art Together

 


The Anticus Gallery that I mentioned in Wednesday's post is unique in that it doesn't just represent artists with paintings, sculptures and jewelry.  It is also a book store carrying a variety of books.















They even had a children's corner full of children's books and artworks.  In fact, I purchased a book while I was there.

















There were several animal sculptures that caught my eye while I was there.  This cute fellow has really long legs and very large feet.  I didn't get the artist's name.
















And these rabbits came in all shapes and sizes and in a variety of positions.  I liked the one sitting on the little platform and looking right at me.  His dark eyes seemed to follow me as I walked past.


9 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Interesting place.

Diaday said...

A store that combines art and books...how wonderful! I love children's books. The illustrations are works of art in themselves. Combine that with a good story and you have a treasure in your hands.

Travel said...

My what long ears they have.

RedPat said...

That sounds like a place where you could send a lot of time. Love those rabbits.

roentare said...

The rabbit ears are special

Catalyst said...

Intriguing.

remmij said...

Chris Deverill - passed this summer

https://bronzesmith.com/chris-deverill/

Steve Reed said...

I always love a good book store, and one with rabbit sculptures is even better!

William Kendall said...

What a lovely interior.