Tuesday, January 30, 2024

No Loitering at the Sunflower Saguaro

 


The city of Tempe had a brand new event this last weekend called Tempe Blooms.  They filled the downtown area with a variety of floral arrangements and lots of live music. If this event was designed to draw people to downtown Tempe, it was a huge success.  There were so many people out it was hard navigate the sidewalks.

This sunflower covered saguaro arrangement was the first one I photographed and I didn't notice the "No Loitering" sign on the wall behind it until I down loaded the photo.








  

There were all sorts of flower arrangements all over the downtown area.



















The flowers were beautiful but the huge crowds of people made it difficult to photograph them all.

I took the light rail out to Tempe because parking in the city is a challenge and with an event going on it would be impossible.  I haven't been on the light rail for several years now so that was a bit of an adventure in itself.  

8 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

A colorful event, people photos to come?

Diaday said...

That sunflower saguaro is so playful and cheery. Sunflowers are my favorite flower. The groovy VW is fun, too.

Travel said...

I should ride the light rail the next time I am there. There is a conference in Phoenix a year from now that I will likely need to attend.

Steve Reed said...

I love the floral Volkswagen!

RedPat said...

Those cacti are fun, Sharon. It isn't surprising that so many people came out for the event since it looks lovely.

Thérèse said...

The best event so far this year in Tempe!

Catalyst said...

If I still lived in "the Valley", I'd ride the light rail all the time.

biebkriebels said...

The flowers are so beautiful!