Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Art Preserved

 

These sand cast panels were once on the side of the Saks Fifth Avenue building at the Biltmore Fashion Park shopping center.  That building was torn down many years ago but these panels were preserved.  They were placed on a special wall at the same center.  They are just not located in a spot with a lot of foot traffic.  I saw them last week when I was there and decided to get a photo.  The panels were originally created by an artist named John Smith in 1963.  I'm happy they were saved but, I do wish they were in a better spot for viewing.

10 comments:

roentare said...

Looks like Egyptian hieroglyphs

Stefan Jansson said...

Yes, they have an Egyptian feel to them.

Steve Reed said...

Those are great! Yes, I'm so glad they saved them.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Very neat, good they were saved

RedPat said...

I really like these, Sharon.

Travel said...

Those would do well in a gallery window, in place of the brass knuckles.

Gemel said...

These are amazing.

Catalyst said...

Yes, they are very nice.

Aimz said...

They are very well done, the artist is very clever.

William Kendall said...

Fascinating work.