Monday, January 8, 2024

Neon Woodpecker

 


While I was at Park Central, I saw this neon sign of a bird and walked over to see what it was for.


















I found it was a place called Woodpecker and it appeared to be a bar.


Then I saw one of those tent-signs that said "Beer, Tacos and Flowers".  Flowers?  Really?  So I investigated further.  The place is occupying a space near the spot that once belonged to florist shop called The Green Woodpecker.  The new owners liked the name and kept it for their bar.  I found this statement on their website and it appears to sum it up perfectly:

"You can find us in Phoenix's historic Park Central Mall.  If your mother says she knows us, you'd better ride shotgun - she might be thinking of the old floral/gift shop by the same name, in the same mall.  They've been gone a while, but we liked the cut of their jib, so we'll honor them by peddling flowers too."

So there you go.  You can have a beer and taco and take some flowers home too!


8 comments:

roentare said...

That sign is a stellar one!

Travel said...

Three things I would enjoy,

RedPat said...

Love their sign and their ideas, Sharon.

Diaday said...

Looks like a fun spot!

Steve Reed said...

Love the sign! Did the sign also belong to the gift shop, or just the name?

William Kendall said...

Neat sign.

Sharon said...

Steve, The sign is new.

Catalyst said...

I don't remember the flower shop but it's nice to see some life coming back to Park Central.