Sunday, January 14, 2024

An Assortment of Flowers


 I didn't I posted any poinsettia photos this holiday season.  I'll correct that today with this cluster of plants on display at the Desert Botanical Garden.

Some more red flowers at my friends Julie and Dave's house on New Years Eve.  We had a lovely dinner and some champagne to welcome the new year.  


One of the planters at the Heard Museum was overflowing with this huge nasturtium plant but there was only one bloom and it was peeking out from behind a leaf.  
















I had dinner with friends visiting from Chicago Friday evening and this pretty flower came in the drink I ordered.  I was tempted to put it behind my ear.  


I have another post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  It's about an interesting encounter in a museum.

8 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Beautiful colourful flowers.

Travel said...

Stop and smell the roses along the way.

RedPat said...

How wonderful to see these flowers in winter. It is really cold and windy here today so flowers are a treat.

Steve Reed said...

They put an orchid in every drink?! That must have been somewhat pricey!

Sharon said...

Steve, it was very pricey, $20. However, there wasn't a single drink on the menu less than $20. It is one of those places you only go on special occasions.

roentare said...

I like the overlapping green leaves

Aimz said...

Lots of red, Nasturtium grows like a weed here.

William Kendall said...

These are beautiful!