Thursday, January 18, 2024

Feathered Friends and Acquaintances


 I've observed a few birds in the last few days, all of them close to home.  These two Canadian geese were deciding whether to take the plunge in the lake on the golf course near me. 

This little house finch was singing a very cheery tune while I was walking near by.  I thought he might fly away when I pointed the camera in that direction but he stayed put.  


I heard lots of very faint peeps coming from this palm tree as I walked past.  Then I noticed the curve-billed thrasher hiding among the palm fronds.  Perhaps there was a nest in there somewhere.  

8 comments:

roentare said...

Lovely birds to see in the desert garden

Stefan Jansson said...

Not too many birds in my area, many will die because of the cold Winter.

Travel said...

You are so patient with the birds.

Diaday said...

A few cardinals hang out in the bushes by my patio. It's so nice to see a bright red splash of color against the gray winter landscape.

RedPat said...

Not too many birds around here this week since it has been so cold this week. I think they are all huddled together somewhere.

Steve Reed said...

Nice shots! I don't think I've ever seen a thrasher quite like that.

Gemel said...

Great photos.

William Kendall said...

Most birds that overwinter here you hear as opposed to see.