Monday, January 29, 2024

A Night at the Opera

 

I joined my friends David and Riley for the opening night performance of The Barber of Seville on Saturday night.  It is a hilarious opera accompanied by fantastic music.  As everyone was gathering in their seats, I snapped this photo of the very elaborate set.

I was admiring the set when the "projection" suddenly stopped.  Up until that moment, I had no idea the set was a projection and not real.  It was a pretty impressively designed projection.


My friend Riley is a patron of the Arizona Opera Company so when we got to our seats, there was a beautiful rose and a thank you card attached to his seat.  What a nice surprise!  And, what a thoroughly enjoyable evening!

8 comments:

roentare said...

It is always nice to visit musical and theatre once in a while.

biebkriebels said...

That must have been a nice experience. Have not been in a theatre for years....

Travel said...

An amazing set. Doc Spo and Someone were there Saturday night.https://sporeflections.wordpress.com/

Diaday said...

What a lovely evening!

RedPat said...

That is amazing, Sharon. You get out & about so much.

Steve Reed said...

I hope the projection was SUPPOSED to stop! Every time I hear anything from "The Barber of Seville" I think of Bugs Bunny.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit_of_Seville

Steve Reed said...

You just inspired me to look up that cartoon online and watch it. Brilliant! :)

Gemel said...

What a lovely surprise for you. Love going to the theatre myself.