Thursday, January 25, 2024

Raindrops on Roses & Everything Else

 

We had several days of true winter weather this last weekend and rolling into this week.  Last Saturday it was so gray and dark that I never left the house.  On Sunday I felt the urge to get out so I went to the Desert Botanical Garden for a walk in the misty rain.  While I was there, mist turned into steady light rain so I was pretty soaked by the time I left.

So were the roses and all the other plants.


There weren't any animals or birds to be seen.  They were all staying under cover where they could avoid the rain.

















I felt a bit sorry for Botero's Reclining Woman.  She was pretty exposed to the elements.  She could have used a nice blanket for the day.

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Lovely flowers. I agree with you for the poor naked woman in the rain.

Diaday said...

"May the flowers remind us why the rain was so necessary."
~ Xan Oku

Travel said...

Something I read, "some people walk in the rain, some just get wet." It sounds like you had a nice walk in the rain.

RedPat said...

That is the weather we have been having most of this winter. It doesn't really tempt me to head out and about much, Sharon. Plus there are no roses around here.

Steve Reed said...

But maybe she needs a bath!

Catarina said...

I feel sorry for the Reclining Woman as well. I am feeling cold right now.
Roses are so delicate, so beautiful.

Catarina said...

I just read Steve's comment. I can't stop laughing. hahahahah

Gemel said...

I also enjoy a walk in the rain.

roentare said...

That woman sculpture really brings a sense of fulfillment

Cloudia said...

You are all hard wanting to throw a blanket on the statue. Beautiful flowers. Something loves rainy day. Thank you for this post. Aloha!

William Kendall said...

Here our recent weather has been snow and freezing rain. And many grey days.