Sunday, January 7, 2024

Pedestrians, Light Rail & Tall Buildings

 

The Creighton University building I mentioned yesterday, sits right on Central Avenue, the busy thoroughfare that divides Phoenix between the east side and west side of town.  It also has light rail tracks running down the center.  I snapped this photo rather quickly because I wanted to capture those pedestrians crossing the street.  Phoenix is not a pedestrian friendly city so you rarely see people on the streets in any of my photos.  I zoomed in so I could catch these few.

Looking in the other direction, we see a few more of the tall buildings that line Central Avenue.

I have a new post on Sharon's Sojourns today.  I have more bits of information about that hotel in London. 

8 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

So I could probably never visit. I walk or bike, mostly.

RedPat said...

I imagine not very many people use the light rail line if hardly anyone walks. Traffic must be really heavy, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

Huh -- I never thought of it, but you're right -- we don't see many pedestrians in your photos. Florida's the same. Just not many people out walking around, unless you're in the heart of a downtown area. (Or on a college campus.)

Aimz said...

Must be a busy area for traffic, I can understand why not many people walk there.

roentare said...

The streets look quite busy and clustered

Gemel said...

There are different vibes to the two photos, one first view seems more appealing than the second one. Interesting!

Travel said...

We need to more pedestrian friendly cities.

William Kendall said...

Light rail here is segregated from street level, either by tunnel or bridges.