Sunday, October 1, 2023

Theme Day: Transportation

 

There are so many means of transportation these days that when I thought about this theme, I couldn't make up my mind which one to use.  I decided to show how transportation has change over the past 200 to 300 years.  Imagine riding in this for 50 miles or more.

Today we can travel much further distances in much less time and in relative comfort compared to the vehicle above.  I say "relative comfort" because we all know those coach seats are still pretty darn uncomfortable.  I'll tell you just how uncomfortable later this month when I wing my way to London one more time.  

To see other means of transportation from other cities, click here.

10 comments:

RedPat said...

This is a great take on the theme, Sharon.

Travel said...

Travel has become easy and comfy. I look forward to hearing about London.

Steve Reed said...

I suppose even a stagecoach seemed pretty luxurious compared to horseback -- or walking!

Bill said...

Great photos for the theme. The stagecoach reminded me of the old movie I'd seen many years ago.

Catalyst said...

Yes, a fine comparison.

roentare said...

The vintage cart is so good!

Cloudia said...

You have written a visual poem about transportation! This is a cool post. Thank you dear Aloha

Stefan Jansson said...

Great take on the theme.

Jim said...

Good one for theme day.

William Kendall said...

What a difference.