Friday, October 20, 2023

Senate House

 

I  made it to London.  I didn't get to my hotel until 3:30 and by that time I was dragging a bit.  No matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to sleep on an airplane.  

I took a 30 minute nap which seemed to rejuvenate me enough to go out for a walk.

I decided to walk in a direction I hadn't explored yet and I found lots of interesting buildings to photograph.  Like this one.  It's called Senate House and it's part of the University of London.  I'm pretty sure I've seen this building used in some TV show or movie.









I walked through the building and discovered this gorgeous Art Deco lobby.  I love walking in London.  There is something to discover around every corner.  

9 comments:

roentare said...

Sleeping on the plane is always not easy. The lobby looks magnificent!

biebkriebels said...

Looks good to be there, have a nice time!

Diaday said...

I love exploring cities on foot. That's when your curiosity finds those treasures, such as that beautiful lobby. Enjoy your time in London.

RedPat said...

That lobby is amazing. Would work well on a Poirot set, Sharon.
I can't sleep on a plane either.

Steve Reed said...

I don't think I've ever seen that building! There is something around every corner here, it's true.

Bill said...

I can't sleep on a plane either so I read or look out the window. Nice looking lobby, have fun exploring.

William Kendall said...

Impressive!

Catarina said...

I wish you a wonderful stay in London. Looking forward to new pics.

Catalyst said...

I envy your visit to that wonderful city.