Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Musical Celebrations

 


On Saturday evening I attended the season opening performance of the Phoenix Symphony and what a great concert it was.  The symphony named the night "The Mighty Carmina Burana" and mighty is a perfect adjective for this monumental piece of music.  If it doesn't sound familiar, click this link.  I'm sure you've heard it before because it's been used in a number of movies and television shows. It's music that will get the blood pumping.

The photo above was taken from the 4th row so you can't see the huge concert choir behind the orchestra.

There was a welcome reception before the performance and a champagne toast after the concert both of which I got to enjoy thanks to my friend Dave who is on the board of the Phoenix Symphony.  







And, here is Dave with the Music Director of the Phoenix Symphony, Tito Munoz.  

It was a fantastic way to open the 23/24 season.  

8 comments:

roentare said...

You have a cultured life

Travel said...

Sounds like fun, I am glad you went.

RedPat said...

Lucky you, Sharon.

Catalyst said...

I believe Mary Jo West was at that performance too.

Bill said...

What an event to attend, sounds great.

Aimz said...

I'm sure it was, well it looks like it was a fun posh event.

William Kendall said...

Carmina Burana is amazing music.

Steve Reed said...

Wasn't the Carmina Burana used in "The Omen"? Or some other movie with a scary/satanic theme? That's what I always think of when I hear it.