Sunday, October 8, 2023

A Chubby Horse and Dancers

 


Continuing the Fernando Botero opening night celebration at the Desert Botanical Garden.  This time, inside the gallery rooms.  There were two more smaller scale sculptures.  This chubby horse was one of them.
















And, this dancing couple was the other.  I'll photograph this one from the other side when the gallery is less crowded.


















There were also many paintings on display like these two.  The first is a family at the beach and the second is a family in the park.  

I'll be looking forward to seeing these again when the gallery is less crowded.  It was very busy this night which I guess means that opening night was a huge success.  

7 comments:

roentare said...

The theme is so positive! Love the arts.

Travel said...

A fun exhibit.

RedPat said...

I love all the pieces, Sharon. Would gladly have that horse at my place.

Bill said...

Beautiful sculptures and art.

Catalyst said...

I think it takes something to appreciate his art. I actually am one of those who like it.

William Kendall said...

I like the horse.

Steve Reed said...

You gotta wonder why Botero was so obsessed with rounded forms.