Tuesday, October 24, 2023

A Day at the Museum

 


I spent most of the day on Monday at the Tate Britan Museum.  Of course, everyone has heard of the Tate Modern but the Tate Britain was here long before that huge Tate Modern building was converted into an art gallery.  


The Tate Britain has its own architectural beauty.  Even though it's a much older building, it has the same  design concepts that dazzle.  

















A perfect example is the black and white spiral staircase that runs down to the lower level at the museum.
















After I finished at the museum, I walked along the Millbank next to the museum and wondered at all the new buildings that have gone up since the last time I was here.  London is growing at an amazing speed.

I walked all the way up to Westminster and the Parliament buildings.  These are always an iconic sight for London.  

It was supposed to rain today and I'm sure it did in other parts of the city.  Most of my day was dry and chilly until late in the evening when a mild drizzle started.  In other words, it worked out rather nicely.

11 comments:

Travel said...

Love the City, thank you for taking us along.

Diaday said...

London is on my must-sees list! Thank you for sharing your adventures there.

RedPat said...

That staircase is amazing, Sharon. I'm so glad the weather worked out for you. Looking forward to more pics.

Catarina said...

The weather cooperated... and you had a very pleasant day in London.

Bill said...

The staircase is amazing. Glad the weather wasn't bad for you.

Catalyst said...

All that black and white design work makes me dizzy.

William Kendall said...

A magnificent museum.

Aimz said...

It's been very well built, love the ceiling.

roentare said...

The spiral staircase shot is fabulous!

Steve Reed said...

London IS growing amazingly fast. I think a lot of these new high-rises are condos bought by foreign investors. I'm not sure anyone lives in them.

Mark said...

Stunning photos, and what a great set of shots. Nicely done!