Tuesday, October 17, 2023

A Very Busy Weekend

 

This last weekend was a very busy one for me.  On Friday night I attended the opening at Western Spirit Museum in Scottsdale that I posted about on Sunday.  Above is one of the displays of a book the artist used to do experiment with painting ideas.


After the museum, my friend and I had dinner at the restaurant Sel where I admired this beautiful bouquet of peach-colored gladiolas.  We don't see many gladiolas here in the desert southwest so they always catch my eye.















On Saturday night I joined my friends David and Riley for an evening at the Symphony where we enjoyed Selections of Brahms and Dvorak.  

I snapped this photo of one of the many chandeliers that hang in the lobby of symphony hall.













On Sunday night I attended a performance of the Broadway production of "Tina", the Tina Turner Musical.  This was my second time seeing this production.  I saw in in New York back in 2021.  Tina overcame so many negative obstacles to win her well deserved acclaim.  The ending of this show will have you wanting to dance in the aisles.  

I don't often have so many events all at once but this last weekend they all seemed to converge.  

11 comments:

biebkriebels said...

You had a wonderful weekend. The Tina Turner Musical must have been exciting to see!

RedPat said...

Wow. You are a busy woman, Sharon.

Travel said...

After a weekend like that, it will be nice to have a quiet week or two.

Steve Reed said...

I love the screen at the Tina Turner show! I've never seen that show but I think I'd like it. I saw her in concert once and she was amazing.

Stefan Jansson said...

A busy few days.

Bill said...

The Tina Turner musical must have been wonderful to see.

Catalyst said...

A very busy weekend indeed. I'd say a few days of resting with your feet up might be in store.

Catarina said...

That was a busy and wonderful weekend!!!

William Kendall said...

That chandelier is quite a sight.

roentare said...

Tina Turner musical would be so interesting to watch

Aimz said...

The flowers are lovely, they grow like weeds here.