Monday, October 30, 2023

Halloween in London

 

Halloween in London is not quite as big a deal as it is here in the states.  However, I did see several places where decorations had been arranged to recognize the season.  

This is an entrance to a hotel.
















At a Kings Cross station flower stand, I found this beautiful floral arrangement celebrating fall.

The little spider at the base tells me that Halloween was in mind.

















Just behind the pretty floral arrangement I saw this fellow lurking.  Now I'm certain that we are being reminded that Halloween is near.
















At the food halls of Selfridges Department store I saw these sweet treats all decorated for the occasion.  So Halloween is certainly on the minds of many people.

Tomorrow I'll show you what I found on a short early morning drive around Phoenix yesterday.  I woke up very early which I suspected I would, so I took a drive over to my old neighborhood.  There is guaranteed to be a huge assortment of Halloween decorations in that area.

7 comments:

Travel said...

The pastries look amazing.

William Kendall said...

I do like these.

Steve Reed said...

Halloween has become more and more popular here just in the past decade or so. I've seen lots of decorations myself this year. (Not on our house, though!)

RedPat said...

I love all the cupcakes and pastries, Sharon.

Bill said...

Nice, how sweet it is. :)

roentare said...

These deserts look spectacular!

Gemel said...

Fabulous displays and those cakes look incredible.