Friday, October 27, 2023

A Touch of Royalty


 No, I didn't see any members of the royal family.  I just walked in their neighborhood.

First I passed St. James Palace.  No one royal is living there right now.  
















Next I strolled past the gates at Clarence House where the King and Queen are still living.  You can see the guard in the red coat.
















Next I walked in the direction of Buckingham Palace where I guess no one is living at the moment.  This is as close as I got.  I've probably seen this palace on every trip I've made to the UK.  No need to get up close this time.


I did spot these guys on my way there.  It looked like the man all the way to the left was giving them some sort of lesson.  Maybe training to be proper English gentlemen.  Who knows.  But, I thought the scene called for a picture.  


After the royal tour, I had lunch at Fortnum & Mason and then did a little shopping.  I found out I could make some purchases and have them shipped to my home so that's what I did.  

As you can see, they have their holiday decorations up. You can just barely see some birds that seem to be flying in the center.  They were playing a recording of birdsong that filled that stair well.  It was quite nice.

12 comments:

Steve Reed said...

I wonder what those guys in the bowler hats were up to? That's very strange!

I didn't realize Charles and Camilla are still at Clarence House. It's weird to think no one is living in Buckingham Palace. (Well, I'm sure some royal staff members stay there, but no one from the royal family, apparently...?)

roentare said...

The spiral staircase is spectacular!

Travel said...

Such a pretty place. I love the photo of the men standing there looking like something out of 1950.

Catarina said...

You are having the time of your life! :)

RedPat said...

Love the staircase and the guys in the bowler hats, Sharon.

Bill said...

The spiral staircase is amazing.

remmij said...

just for fun - the Bowler:
https://youtu.be/AKV0kFCnWbs?si=4RFFyy9geKqqTR7O
https://www.artchive.com/artwork/golconde-rene-magritte-1953/

Cloudia said...

Thank you for this royal tour Sharon. Aloha

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots.

Gemel said...

I always get homesick this time of the year, thanks for a glimpse of my mother land.

Catalyst said...

Oh, gawd. The envy, the envy.

Aimz said...

I don't think I could live in either one of them, it would be like living in a fishbowl with everyone looking.