Sunday, October 22, 2023

Rainy Saturday

 


Saturday was a rainy day so I opted for another museum so I could stay out of the rain.  I went to the Victoria & Albert museum.

These two photos were taken  on one of the upper floors.  The beauty of all that marble was drawing my attention.















In the gallery were they display plaster casts of artifacts from around the world, I saw this monumental piece.  It's Trajan's column which resides in Rome.  The thought of building this replica is mind-boggling. 















I didn't expect to find a Kehinde Wiley portrait at the V & A but here it is.  This is a portrait from his "Yellow Wallpaper Series".  The yellow background was inspired by a design on display near this painting.

7 comments:

Travel said...

What a great museum. I want to see the natural history museum the next time I am in London, the building looks spectacular.

RedPat said...

That is a fine place to spend a rainy day, Sharon. I do hope the weather improves for you.

Catalyst said...

Those two columns in your second photo are wonderful.

Catarina said...

That is an amazing museum

Bill said...

Wow, a very nice musuem and a great place to get out of the rain.

roentare said...

There is certainly so much to see in the museum.

William Kendall said...

Exquisite and beautiful.