Saturday, October 21, 2023

Saturday Post from London

 

It looks like I have my post timing off a bit.  I have two Friday posts and no Saturday post so to remedy that here are some photos I took Friday night on an evening walk to Covent Garden.  All the stalls were closed so it was relatively quiet. 

I did go inside the Royal Opera House and saw the new addition they added over to the left in this photo.  I discovered they do back stage tours.  I might have to sign up for one this next week.


On the way back, I snapped this photo of two red phone boxes.  It appears they actually had working phone inside.  Those are the only ones with phones inside that I've seen.

7 comments:

Steve Reed said...

And they're not covered with advertisements for prostitutes! I'm amazed!

Catalyst said...

Dr. Who would be proud! 😉

Catarina said...

Nice buildings.
The red booth has become a rarity.

Bill said...

Nice photos. I like the light on the phone booth. I wonder if people still use it.

roentare said...

The booths are the most fabulous and classic there.

William Kendall said...

A lot tidier than the few remaining booths here.

Travel said...

I remember trying to make a call from one of those in Yorkshire about 20 years ago.