Monday, October 9, 2023

Construction Mural

 

When I was downtown last weekend for the symphony, I spotted a new mural that has been painted on a temporary wall covering construction.  It's a grand mural that runs almost a block long and featuring all kinds of desert creatures along with some city views.  Here we have a wolf overlooking the city.

In this section we see a rather large Gila monster.  


It might be hard to spot in this section but there is a jack-rabbit sitting on a rock in the foreground.


This last section wraps around a corner where we see a javelina and a colorful snake.  It was all painted by Kayla Newman.
Taking part in Monday Murals!


12 comments:

biebkriebels said...

It is a beautiful serie to look at!

Travel said...

The bunny better be fast, the bird on top of the cactus is looking for lunch.

Diaday said...

My grandparents spent their winters in Arizona and sent post cards to their grandchildren. They sent a card with a gila monster on it and that word monster made me think that it was as big as the gila monster on the mural! I love the modern, yet southwest colors, the artist used.

RedPat said...

This is wonderful. Too bad it is temporary, Sharon.

Catarina said...

Impressive!

Sami said...

Wow, fantastic mural! Love the wolf and the owls peeking through the cacti.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Sharon.

Bill said...

The mural is absolutely beautiful, too bad it's temporary.

Catalyst said...

That's the second mural photographed by a blogger that I've seen this morning with wolves.

roentare said...

The snake on the desert mural is most striking

William Kendall said...

This one is beautiful.

Steve Reed said...

I love the big gila monster! That's about as close as I ever want to get to a gila monster.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It took me awhile, but I finally found the rabbit. It SO SAD this is temporary. Each of these panels is amazing, Sharon.