Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Another Beautiful Day

 


Even though rain was predicted, the day turned out rather nice.  In fact, it didn't rain until I got back to the hotel around 5:00 PM.  How's that for luck?

I took a bus to Trafalgar Square and then I slowly made my way to the east.














I walked through Victoria Embankment Gardens, a little park I hadn't visited before.  That's where I saw this tree.  I thought it had so much character, almost like if you spoke to it, it might speak back.















Also in the little garden was this rather dramatic memorial to the composer Arthur Sullivan of "Gilbert & Sullivan" fame.  The bust atop the memorial is of Sullivan, the grieving lady is the muse of music who is so distraught over his passing that she weeps so hard her clothes slide off.  It is certainly a memorable memorial.  













After the walk through the garden, I moved into the Middle Temple area of London.  This is where many "chambers" of lawyers are located.  I love this area because of all the historic buildings and the beautiful gardens.















I wandered in and out of the various gardens and snapped photos of lots of the flowers.  This one was by far my favorite.  I can't believe I got that great of an image of both flower and bee with my cell phone.















And since I was so close, I stopped in at Temple Church once again.  It's always a bit magical to step inside a building that dates back to the 10th century.  There is always an organist playing music so it's a perfect place to sit for a moment or two and imagine the Knights Templar roaming the aisles and planning their crusades.  

7 comments:

Travel said...

Such a wonderful day, in such a wonderful City.

RedPat said...

How lucky that the weather was great for you, Sharon.

Catarina said...

I am really, really enjoying this tour. : ))

Bill said...

The weather is making for a wonderful tour around town.

Steve Reed said...

I'm so glad the weather has been more cooperative than expected! Looks like you had a good wander. I think the flower is a type of Hebe. I've heard of "crying one's eyes out," but never "crying oneself naked"!

roentare said...

The fountain looks fabulous!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots. The last is my favourite.