Thursday, October 26, 2023

Lot's of Walking and Fine Sparkling Wine

 

I explored and area of London that is very new.  In fact, the last time I was here 7 years ago, most of this was not here.  It's just north of Kings Cross station and there was a lot to see in this area.

The area is next to the Regent's Canal which was full of river boats of all shapes and sizes.  


I stopped at an art gallery nearby  because this sculpture caught my eye. They were kind enough to let me photograph it.  The artist is Susie MacMurray and it's called "Medusa".  
















After wandering in the Kings Cross area, I headed to Oxford street for lunch and then decided to walk back to the hotel.  One of the buildings I passed was this one with the sculptures hanging from the upper floors.  The business on the street level is a barber shop.  It makes me wonder why this building is so special from all the other buildings on this street.















My last adventure of the day was attending a dinner at Fortnum & Mason honoring my favorite sparkling wine, Nyetimber which is made in England.  I've mentioned it on this blog before.  It's no longer available in the US, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to taste some more vintages and to learn more about the company and why they stopped exporting to the US.  It was a hugely enjoyable experience and I think they were impressed to have one American in attendance.  


8 comments:

roentare said...

That medusa dress is stunning!

Steve Reed said...

Oh, good! I'm glad you went to the Fortnum & Mason thing!

RedPat said...

It sounds like you are having some great adventures, Sharon.

Travel said...

Greetings from Chicago, wish I was there.

Bill said...

Sounds like you are having an amazing time visiting these different places.

Catalyst said...

It looks like Medusa lost her head. So did you find out why the wine is no longer available "over here"?

Stefan Jansson said...

Looks like you are having a great time in London.

William Kendall said...

Medusa is quite a sight to see.