Thursday, August 15, 2024

Roman Roads

 

I discovered this condo neighborhood back in 2015 and commented on its unusual name and appearance.  It turns out that this is an Al Beadle multi-housing development dating back to 1964.  


When I discovered it was another Beadle project, I decided to get new photos.  I drove into the complex to get a look at the fronts of the units seen in these two photos.  It appears that sunlight arrives via the backs which I couldn't see from the roads.  However, that Modern Phoenix website has photos that show the insides of these units showing that the back walls are all glass.  You can see that here.

7 comments:

roentare said...

The design is unique. Kind of like Maze Runner thing in there

Travel said...

I love the square designs.

RedPat said...

What a talent, Sharon.

Stefan Jansson said...

Unusual architecture.

Allison said...

That much glass in the desert was a brave design. Those are cool houses.

Bill said...

I like the designs, very different.

Steve Reed said...

Sounds like a nice way to shield the units from street noise but still give them lots of natural light.