Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Memory Lapse

 

I was doing some photo organizing this last weekend when I came across this photo I took back in April when I visited Tucson.  This is a painting I saw at the Tucson Art Museum by artist Brenda Semantic. It's called Corner Market and I recognized the building immediately.  So I took this photo for the sole purpose of posting it on my blog along with my photos of the actual building.  Needless to say, I promptly forgot all about it. 

Here is one of my photos taken in 2012 when I visited Tucson.  This old building has been standing on this corner for a very long time and it doesn't seem to change much.


This photo was taken in 2011.  I didn't take a photo of it on this last trip but I did drive past it and it still looks the same.  It makes me wonder if there are any plans to save it.  All the other buildings in this area have been restored.  
I'm glad I saw the photo of the painting over the weekend so I could post it as planned.  Better late than never.



8 comments:

roentare said...

I really love the facade in different times

Travel said...

Great old building

RedPat said...

I like the looks of it so I hope that it is saved too, Sharon.

Steve Reed said...

Is it being used for anything or is it just vacant?

Bill said...

Nice old building, it has character.

Sharon said...

I'm not sure but it looks vacant to me. I guess there could be something stored inside.

remmij said...

Corner store -
Feb. 2022
https://maps.app.goo.gl/Ur3vDhJiM9c8i2q6A
https://www.redfin.com/AZ/Tucson/326-N-Meyer-Ave-85701/home/50430215
best info:
https://voicemap.me/tour/tucson/downtown-tucson-walking-tour-300-years-of-spanish-history-along-main-street/sites/212-w-franklin-corner-market-across-the-street

Aimz said...

I hope someone uses the building for something useful.